Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Coming Back....Soon???

OK....so it's been a really long time since I've been on here. Long story short- I got hurt (badly). but not the ankle from the last post. That injury cleared up after a week or two. I got hurt 2 weeks before the half-marathon in a soccer game. I completely rupture my planteris muscle (smaller muscle in the calk), partially tore the gastroc (big muscle in the calk), and strained my achilles. So, the half-mary never happened. I was pissed to say the least.

So, I've been in PT ever since trying to get better. I was cleared last Friday to resume running (but no more then a mile) and to play soccer (I'm a goalie so limited running involved). I've made it through two indoor games unscathed so far. I'm still very tight and tender in certain spots, but it has held up so far. If all goeas as planned, I will have my last PT session next week and then will be discharged back to no restrictions.

So, I will then be looking at the schedule and figuring out what I want to do next. News to come....

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hi! My name is Michael Hare and I am the owner of Finish Well Fitness (www.finishwellfitness.com), a new home-workout and nutrition site.

I am contacting you because I have read through your website and found that is has educational, updated content and is extremely relevant to the fitness site I am building. I also notice by your site's Page Rank that you have established yourself as an authority website in the fitness/nutrition realm.

Based on your relevancy to Finish Well Fitness, I am writing to ask if you would consider placing a text link to our page from your blogroll as a means of networking. I have a CONSTANTLY updated blog at http://workout.finishwellfitness.com that could very well give supplemental help to your readers. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Just a quick side note.we have established ourselves in the search engines with a Page Rank of 3, have constantly updated, educational blogging going on, and retain great loyalty among our present customer base. I just really want to assure you of the legitimacy and quality of our website.

Thanks for your time - look forward to hearing from you!

p90x reviews said...

Sad to hear what happened to you. Be careful next time. It's good to have fun but minimize the injuries..