Friday, August 29, 2008

Trip To GNC

Went to GNC today to pick up some help for the upcoming death march- I mean workout program. The P90X people try and sell you a bunch of pre and post workout supplements and drinks to siphon off even more money. But you can get higher quality stuff at GNC for the same price or cheaper.

I have picked up the following:

Super Pump 250- Yes I know it has a very funny sounding name. Get over it. It's supposed to rock your world and get you amped during your workouts. I know it has some heavy duty stimulants as well as amino acids and stuff. Sound good to me. This wll be pre-workout drink.

Wheybolic Extreme 60- this will be my post workout shake. It is mostly designer whey protein and some other fun stuff.

Lean Meal Replacement- this is like the Wheybolic Extreme and will be used for in between meals.

My biddy Jeff who is also on the program will be doing some of the same stuff.

2 comments:

Scoderick said...

I'm just getting into reading the books for the P90X program. Taking the deep breath before making the plunge/commitment. The books seem to be promotional lit. for their products so, thanks for the comments on your site. Do you think supplements are a must? Can it be done without or is that a recipe for failure?

striker said...

I've done it with nothing, I've done it with WHEY, and you get great results either way. I do recommend using WHEY beacuase of the demand of the workout, but you cant go wrong with this program regardless of whatever you do.