Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What The Hell Happened To Me????

As Adam Sandler once mused, "What The Hell Happened To Me?" Well, I sure don't know. Actually I know but I don't want to admit it.

My name is Mike and I'm a 32 guy living with my wife and kids in Bel Air, MD. I used to be a pretty fit individual. I was never "cut up", but I was a two-sport varisty athlete in college and have continued to play soccer ever since. However, in the last 7 years there have been some dramatic changes to my overall fitness level and general appearance- and none of them have been good.

What changes? Let me give you some examples: When I first met my wife in late 2001 I had a 28" waist. Currently I'm wearing pants that are 36" in the waist. I was wearing shirts with collars that were 15.5". Now my 16.5" collared shirts are getting tight. If I don't wear one regularly, I can't button it to wear a tie. AndI won't even go into how much a used to weigh.

My good friend Jeff texted me today rambling on about some crazy workout thing called the P90X. Curosity being what it is, I called him to find out more. After telling me how excited he was to start using it, I decided to take a look for myself. Later we spoke on the phone and he told me he was starting a blog to track his progress. Genius I thought! I told him I'd buy it too and start my own blog and we could push each other a bit. Hence, the birth of this blog.

What do I hope to accomplish? I'm not sure. I'm not happy with how I look or how I feel. I don't expect to get back to looking like I did in college (I don't have the same amount of hair anyway!), but I do feel like I just want to look better and feel better. I have about 5-7 days before the P90X will be arriving, so I'm going to take that time to set some realistic goals. Oh- andI'm going to eat and drink my face off! Gotta do it now!

So check back later true believers- only a few days until the torture begins.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eye of the Tiger, Bitch