Tuesday, March 2, 2010

4 Mile Run & Plyo

Hi guys and girls! Sorry I've been unable to post for the last few days. I'm hitting a busy period for work. Anyway, I'm still on track with the workouts- no slacking off for me!

Sunday I rested for the most part. I had an indoor soccer game that night, so I got a bit of a sweat on. But we blew the other team out, so I didn't have to do too much.

Monday, I started week 5 of P90X. I had the Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps workout to do. I forgot what a killer workout that is! It hits you hard and often. It seems like the longest video ever- but you finish and you feel great. I pushed it hard and got some great burns in my muscles. finished up with the Ab Ripper. After a week off for the recovery week, it was nice to hit my abs again. they needed the shock- and boy was it ever a shock. I felt like I was going to puke during the Fifer Scissors. Then I headed to another indoor soccer game. I was much busier and got a great workout during the game.

Today, the schedule for running called for a 4 mile run. I basically swapped the cross training and 4 mile run days on the schedule (yesterday and today). So I had my run to get in this afternoon. We have another wintery storm moving in right now. I had to try and get my run in before it got too messy. The beginning of the storm is supposed to be just rain, and that's what I dealt with on my run. It was all I could do to run in the rain. I was NOT motivated. But I sucked it up and got out there. I again decided to hide my timer so I could just grit my teeth and bang out the run. Much to my surprise- another personal best. I did the 4 miles in 39:26. That's my first sub-10:00 mile pace run since I started. And it was strange. After I finished, I didn't even feel like I had run that fast. I really felt I could go out and do more. It's awesome.

Finished up my day with the Plyo workout for P90X. Boy did that kick my ass. I did the modified, low-impact versions of everything, and I skipped the bonus stuff at the end. I'm going to be hurting tomorrow! Oh well, you gotta bring it!

3 comments: