Monday, April 13, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 29- Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Daily Workout Summary:

Today was the first "new" workout tis round. I got to rock the challenging Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps workout today. I forgot how much fun yet how challenging this workout is! It's an absolute killer and I KNOW I will be sore tomorrow.

All sorts of cool push up variations. And for whatever reason, my triceps felt like they were going to literally pop off my arm. It was intense. I used my two scoops of NOXplode, rolled up my sleeves, and brought it.

I felt pretty good. It had been a long time since I had done this workout so sometimes I had to atch the move be demonstrated first. Then I would just hit rewind and go back to get my full reps in. I really like all the push up wariations in this one. And a lot of the crazy push ups demoed in the infomercial show up in this workout (like the plyo push ups and the one-arm balance push ups).

Solid day with Ab ripper- all reps on all moves. Not quite ready to add advanced moves yet, but it won't be too long!

Diet:

Decent diet day. Breakfast was some turkey sausage and a banana. Snack was a protein bar. Lunch was a 6 inch trkey sub on wheat with mustard. Missed my afternoon snack. Dinner was a slice of pizza with a whole wheat crust and turkey pepperoni. I would have liked to add a little more protein into the mix, so I may polish off a protein shake before the evening is over.

Soundtrack of The Day:

Bleeding Me- Metallica

I just love this song- especially the version that is on the S&M album (symphony & metallica). It builds slowly and gets more intense with every second. Finally it gets intense and loud at the end- which is just like my workout!

Move of The Day:

Two-Twitch Speed Push Ups.

I hate and love this push up. You crank out four pushups of your choice as fast as possible. then you do 3 slow ones (down in 4 counts, up in 4 counts). then you repeat. I only made it through 2 sets (there are 3). It just kicked my ass today.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

C/S/T is such a good workout

Boomer said...

You gotta love the airborne plyo push-ups!

Boomer
Project Exercise

james.powerade said...

hello! ive been working out hard and i love the encouragement and suggestions on these bulletins...

so i just wanted to add one of my own.

Proto Whey protein powder is top notch stuff... ive been using this product for a while now, and what really turned me on to it are a number of factors that are uncomparable with any other protein mix on the market. low calories, sugar, fat content and low carbs!
the protein found in this product also is "hydrolyzed" which is the best kind of protein base. the protein is micro sized and the body easily absorbs it instead of wasting it!
anyways, check it out. the crunch power bars they make as well are great for weight loss. i have a few friends already hooked on this product, just wanted to pass on the good word... o, and it tastes greaaaaaat!