Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Round 2 Day 8: Chest and Back

Today was Chest and Back day. I felt great today compared to last week. This is mostly due to the fact that I didn't have a migraine!

I made it through the workout with a pretty good intensity. I'm now taking a pre-workout supplement called MyoShock. It's made by Muscletech- the same folks who mkae the NanoVapor. I like the Myoshock a lot. First off, there is now powder to drink. That's my biggest complaint with everything else I've tried. I always had to drink a big glass of something and during my workouts, I could feel it all sitting in my stomach. The MyoShock is just a bunch of pills. The recommended doseage is 3-7 pills 30 minutes before your workout. I started last week with 3 but am now up to 7. The other nice thing is that I don't feel :jittery" when I;m working out. But I can feel my heartrate is up and I have a great sweat going. This tells my my metabolism is up and I'm burning calories. Plus I feel like I have a little boost of energy.

So, I rocked the Chest and Back workout. I can't find my old sheet from my first go-round with P90X, so I don't have anything to compare it with. But I'd say I felt a lot stronger and was recovering better between exercises. In fact, in a lot of moves I was able to match round 1 reps in round 2.

I also brought the noise with the Ab Ripper. I got through it better today. Added the arms up for the first three moves. I'm still barely making it through the Pfifer Scissors, but am getting there. A few more weeks and my stomiach will be back in the groove.

See you tomorrow for Plyos!

2 comments:

mrmick23 said...

Glad to here that you are doing well. It's to bad that you can't find your sheets to base your numbers off of. The Myoshock sounds interesting. After I finish up with some of the other preworkout supplements I have stockpiled(SuperPump 250, Results(AtLarge Nutrition), NOShotgun, BlackPowder, NO2 Black(Argininne Supplement taken twice daily, it really made my vascularity incredible and I noticed increased strength and less fatigue, it also seemed to fuel my libido...even though that wasn't really a problem before.......) I will have to check it out. Ab Ripper is always a beast...I have yet to beat it. The Mason Twists as well as the left Oblique crunch still kill me....

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that article. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. BTW, why don't you change design :).