Saturday, January 3, 2009

Where I've Been....

Hello folks and Happy New Year. It seems like forever since I've been online. Much of it had to do with the hectic schedule my family was on over the holidays. But some of it had to do with a decision I've made regarding P90X+

After much deliberation, I have decided to pull the plug on the formal P90X+ program. I enjoy the Total Body Plus, the Kenpo Plus, and the Intervals workout. But I don't feel like the Upper Plus or the Abs/Core Plus were doing what I wanted to do.

Also, I injured my knee about a week ago playing soccer. Nothing major- just a brusied and inflamed bursa sack. It caused me to take some time off. And in the time spent reflecting on the new program, I just realized that I had a good thing going with P90X, so why mess with success?

So, starting Monday, January 5th, I will be starting week 1 of my second round of P90X. I will probably swap in the intervals workout sometimes for plyometrics. And I may swap in the total body plus for core synergistics. Same with the Kenpo workout (it may alternate from week to week). So it will be sort of a hybrid P90X/P90X+.

So, check back Monday and help me keep pushing play!

1 comment:

mrmick23 said...

Yeah I have been thinking similar things. The way it is set up you can't really improve b/c you can only do so many reps in the alloted time. For example frog pushups: I can get 24 but I don't see me really getting anymore b/c of the time limit. I also am not so crazy about doing about 30-40 reps on bicep moves. I will however try to stick with it just out of me being OCD and wanting to finish what I have started. Plus once I finish this round I will be hitting up some heavier weights in the gym so this will be a nice change of pace for now. I do have to say that this week is a rest week for me and it resembles a regular X week which gets me super psyvhed about heading into it!! I will continue to keep up with your blog....best of luck brother. Bring it!!