Saturday, January 16, 2010

2 Mile Run

Happy Saturday!

Today marks the end of my first week of training. It has been tough on me. I started this week in quite possibly the worst shape of my life. I'm talking, I was back to as bad as I was pre-P90X. A mounting injury list coupled with bad eating and feeling sorry for myself got me inthis situation. So, I'm quite happy I made it through this first week.

Today was supposed to be a 1.5 mile run. When I woke up today, we were blessed with some unseasonably mild weather in the Baltimore area for this time of year. It's roughly 45 degrees right now and sunny. So, I put on shorts (no cold gear running pants today), a cold gear top, grabbed my Garmin and my iPod and headed for the Ma nad Pa trail for my run.

The Ma and Pa trail is a really nice State Park and trail and it's around the corner from my house. It is packed gravel and is all through the woods. It has two sections that will one day be connected. Right now, the section by my house runs 4 miles. the other one is 1.7 miles. and it will add another 3-4 miles to connect them.

Anyway, I started out running my 1.5 miles. But, between the nice weather, and my overall feeling (feeling good), I decided to push myself and see if I could make it 2 miles. and I did. Now granted, I was moving at a snails pace. And it was wet and muddy as all the remianing ice and snow were melting, but I did it. And without stopping. I know this is a long journey, so I have to celebrate the little accomplishments along the way. I have full confidence that as my fitness improves, and my weight goes down, I will see my pace picking up.

Tomorrow is a stretch and strengthen day. I'm planning on getting up and doing the P90X Yoga workout. Have a great weekend! Go colts!

PS: Not a Colts fan- I'm a Steelers fan. and I HATE the Ravens. So...go ANYONE WHO PLAYS THE RAVENS!

No comments: