Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 3- 1 mile run

So, 3 days in a row now! It's a habit!

At least I hope it becomes one. I'm trying to shock my body back into running mode. That is a slow painful process. I'm taking it a mile at a time. In fact, my plan for the first 3 weeks (before I tackle the Hal Higdon Half Program) is somethign like this:

Week 1:

Sun: 1 mile, Mon: 1 mile, Tues: 1 mile, Wed: 1 mile, Thurs: REST, Fri: 20 min cross train, Sat: 1.5 miles

Week 2:

Sun: Stretch & strengthen, Mon: 1.5 miles, Tues: 2 mile run or cross, Wed: 2 mile run & strength, Thurs: REST, Fri: 20 min cross train, Sat: 2 miles

Week 3:

Sun: Stretch & strengthen, Mon: 2 miles, Tues: 2 mile run or cross, Wed: 2 mile run & strength, Thurs: REST, Fri: 25 min cross, Sat: 3 miles.

That will hopefully get me sort of ready to tackle the Hal program. The encouraging sign is that my feet barely hurt tonight when I ran. The negative? Well, i ran slow as crap! I received my Garmin Forerunner 305 today, so I tried it out while I ran tonight to get used to it. The bad news is I got to keep track of exactly how fast I ran the mile in. Let's saw that I would lose to the turtle and the rabbit right now! I know it will come in time, but it's frustrating to know that at one point in my life I could run two miles in 11:30 mins, and now I can barely run 1 mile in that time!

It will come...slow and steady...1 foot at a time!

No comments: