Friday, January 22, 2010

20 Minute Run

Yesterday was a "rest day". By rest, I mean I didn't run. However, I did have another indoor soccer game, so I got an hour of activity in. Burned a few calories. Bad news is that in the course of diving around, I brusied up my knees. They were sore today when I ran.

Today's schedule called for 20 minutes of cross training. Since I'm trying to get miles on my feet, I decided just to go for a 20 minute run. I went over to my favorite trail (Ma & Pa), but did something a little different. There is one branch that goes up to an old mansion that was built by one of the first big docs at Johns Hopkins. There was also a railway nearby that he would take down to the hospital everyday. This was back in the late 1800's early 1900s.

It was cool to see a little history and some slightly new scenery. The bad news- the trail that leads to the mansion is up a very steep, very long hill. KILLER. So, in my 20 minutes I only covered 1.85 miles. BecauseI was at a snail's pace going up the damn hill! Anyway, feeling good- tired, but good. Tomorrow is a 2 mile run. Then I'm out on the town with 2 guys from work for a night themed, "beers and boobs". We are going to get dinner, start drinking, and hit a bunch of strip clubs. We even have a hotel downtown so none of us tries to drive home drunk. Gonna be a good time!

No comments: