Monday, January 25, 2010

2.6 Mile Run

Hello! After a hard weekend of partying it up with some work boys, I was back in training today. I am pissed because I missed my run on Saturday, and was too hungover Sunday to mkae it up. But, considering I've been a virtual couch potato since the summer, my body actually did ok with the extra day off.

So, today's scheduled run was a 2.5 mile run. i actually ran 2.6 (little extra). I felt ok. IT was a tough run for a few reasons:

1) I'm tired. I got 4 hours of sleep Saturday night. 6 last night. So, I'm a little light on sleep and my body wasn't in prime condition for a run. But I pushed through it anyway.

2) I'm dehydrated. After drinking all Saturday night (alcohol), I'm still a bit dehydrated. Most experts say it takes 48 hours for alcohol to be completely flushed out of your system and to stop effecting your body. So, since I'm not a full two days removed, my body wasn't firing on all circuits.

3) It was rainy and super windy. We are having some serious weather in the Baltimore area right now. Heavy (but sporadic) rain showers combined with 50 mph wind gusts. During my run it didn't rain. It was humid- but no rain. but the streets/roads, etc were really wet and slippery. But the wind was blowing. It was like running with someone holding you back with a rope around your waist. fun times!

I ran a new route that took me out of my neighborhood. And for a half mile, there was no sidewalk. since it was poorly lit and very dark, I had to run on the grass along the road. It was dangerous! It was quite muddy in spots and I came back with some seriously soaked feet. It also contributed to a pretty slow pace since I had to really concentrate on the ground below me.

One other little pet peeve of mine- what's up with people who let there dogs out with no fence and no leash? I almost ran ver some random dog. I think I scared it and I think it considered biting me. I would have been BITTER if that had happened. People- LEASH YOUR DAMN DOGS!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

unleashed dogs suck dude ... I had a Rot almost take my legs off on a bike ride last summer. I carry pepper spray on my bike now just in case (an because a loaded glock is too heavy for the bike). You may want to consider running with pepper spray.