Monday, January 11, 2010

Training Day 2

So far so good. I managed to get my ass out there anrun a bit. Granted, I'm not running far. Just another mile. But considering I'm starting from ground zero, with a messed up knee and a messed up hip flexor, I'm not picky. I just need to get my body conditioned to the pounding. My feet hurt again today when I ran- though not as much and for not as long. I'm hopeful that as I break in the shoes and get my feet used to the running, I will be ok.

I ran on the Ma & Pa trail today. It's a very well maintained trail that winds by an old railroda that the original head of Johns Hopkins used to travel from his mansion down to the city to go to work. It's really nice. Packed gravel and very scenic. I will enjoy running it very much I think. While I was there I found a flyer for a 5k on the trail on April 3rd. On my training schedule that date was supposed to be a 10k race. However, since I can't fidn a decent 10k closeby on that date, I'm going to signup for this one and then after the race, run another 5k on my own. What's nice is this trail entrance, parking, etc (and for the race too) are literally right down the street from my house. It's less then 2 miles from door to trail. That will make it very easy for the 5k that day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is cool about the race down the road. Solves that problem!