Monday, January 18, 2010

2 mile run

Happy monday! I tok advantage of a downright balmy (for January) 54 degree day here and got a run in this afternnon. knocked out 2 miles. Got a cramp after a mile (very poor hydration during the day). Stretched it out and knocked out the other mile.

I even threw a nice kick in at the end for the last quarter mile. Heart was racing and lungs were burning. But it felt good. Walked for a bit then decided to do another small sprint- so I actually ran over 2 miles (barely). regardless, it was a nice workout.

I have an indoor soccer game tonight, so I should have some time to ice and rest before the game tonight. Also, I have decided I really like running on this local trail and will do my best to try and run on it as much as possible- weather and schedule permitting. It's just so much easier on my knees and feet. And it's scenic and I don't have to worry about cars, etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That trail sounds perfect man .... I want one!