Friday, February 27, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 12: Legs and Back

Daily Workout Summary: Day 12 was the legs and back workout. Last week I pushed it a little too hard during this workout. I managed to pull my right glute (butt). Good times. This week I backed off a little on the weight and slowed down a little to amke sure my form was better. I think this helpedas I made it through and don't feel very sore.

I brought it with a pretty good intensity level. I felt like I worked pretty hard. I also made it thorugh the Ab ripper again with no major issues or breaks. Some solid progress there as far as I am concerned.

Diet: My diet was ok on Day 12. It could have been better, but a major work meeting prevented me from staying on track as far as my mean timiing. Breakfast was a protein bar. Lunch was some grilled turkey over a bed of greens. Snack was a Galdiator Protein smmothie from Smoothie King. Dinner was some grilled chicken breasts wih a touch of Old Bay seasoning (a Maryland Crab seasoning) anda small salad.

Favorite Move of The Day: Calf Raises. I love this move. I am a calf junkie. I have some pretty large calves and always like to work them out. For years I always did calf raises using the machine or rack and going straight up and down. But these calf raises are so much better. Between hitting the calf from 3 different angles and mixing in the slow and the fast, they kill your calves. I love it!

No comments: