Sunday, February 22, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 8: Chest and Back

Daily Workout Summary: Today started week 2 for me. The last time through P90X, this week was probably the toughest one for me. I was sore from week 1 and had trouble bringing it with maximum effort. If today's workout was any indication, I don't think I'm going to have as rough a week this time.

I am still sore, but I felt strong and I was able to push it pretty hard today. My only issue is a nagging finger injury. Last week during an indoor soccer game, I dislocated my left pinky. It went back in place, but it's still pretty swollen and bruised. It makes some of the moves, especially ones using the dumbbells, pretty difficult. Strangley, it didn't really bother me during the pull ups- just dumbbell moves.

I felt good during Ab Ripper X. I got through all he moves completely and was able to get through the Mason twists without stopping (even quicker then I thought I'd be able to).

Diet: Decent diet day. Breakfasat was a vanilla protein shake. Snack was an EAS Carb Control shake. Lunch was the last of the pork and some corn. Snack was a protein bar. Dinner was some ham oer a salad.

Favorite Move of the Day: Decline Push Up. This moves always kicks my butt. Of the different push ups in this workout, this one gives me the most trouble. I'm not sure if it's the change in angle, or if it's the fact that it comes late in the orund, but it's a killer. The key to it (in my opinion) is remembering to breathe and to keep your back stiff. This gives you more of a workout for your core and prevents you from using your back muscles to help get you up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job getting through the week dude.

Anonymous said...

Just coming over from Jeff's site.

Question... how long did you take off between rounds?

Boomer
Project Exercise

Mike said...

Boomer:

At first I took a week off then started P90X+. Tried it two weeks- didn't like it. Tried to go back on P90X, but by that point it was Christmas time/ New Year's etc. I figured I would start back after the holidays. Failing to remember I had a week in Hawaii planned in late January. So I just recently started back. All told it was probably about a month and a half off at least. AND, I didn't stay on the diet or anything. Completely stopped working out and eating right for that time. Boy was that stupid. I gained back 5-6 pounds. So, lots of work to do!