Monday, February 23, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 9: Plyometrics

Daily Workout Summary: Today was "the Beast"! This thing always lives up to the hype as the "toughest" workout in the series. This is such a buttkicker. I don't care how fit you are, you WILL get a workout doing this.

I felt pretty good today. A lot of the soreness in my legs is subsiding, so I felt like I was able to bring it with a lot of intensity today. My issue is my knees (as usual). Right now both are acting up and I'm wearing small braces on both knees. I need to buy some better ones for a little more support and for a little less slippage. They keep falling down!

I kept up better this week then last. I'm still a far cry from round 1 when I was ripping this workout up, but I did much better then week 1. Slow and steady wins this race, so I need to stay focused on the small positives each week.

Diet: Today was a good diet day. Breakfast was a protein shake. snack was a protein bar. Lunch was two spicy black bean veggie burgers wih a little bit of mustard and a salad. Snack was an EAS CarbControl shake. dinner was a large salad with grilled chicken topped with some fat free chedder cheese and some lite Italian dressing.

Favorite Move of The Day: Hot Foot. This moves is tough. for those of you who aren't familiar with it, you hop on one foot for 30 seconds and make a + with each tap. For the first few seconds you don't think much of it. But by the 15 second mark, your calves are screaming and your ankle is begging you to stop. Then you do the other foot for 30 seconds. Good times! I brought it hard during this move. I like to try and stay on beat with the music and with Tony's little chant at the beginning. It always helps keep my mind off the pain in my legs!

No comments: