Friday, February 27, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 13: Kenpo X

Daily Workout Summary: Kenpo always had a sift spot in my heart from the first time I did P90X. I just love this workout. It keeps you moving and grooving, punching and kicking, and sweating your ass off. If you are a new person to P90X and you do this workout and aren't covered in sweat at the end, you aren't bringing it hard enough. When I do this workout, I always try and picture actually hitting someone (yes I was a big Karate Kid fan when I was young!). There is a difference between just throwing a punch and actually trying to hit as hard as you can.

The key to maximizing the return in this workout is to swing with maximum force on every kick and punch. This forces you to engage many different muscle groups as well as your core. And then you need to remember to breathe! I exhale on every kick or punch and breathe in when I reload. I find this helps keep me in a good rhythm and gets me maximum output.

Anyway, I brought it hard today. The kicks were flyinhg. I'm feeling a lot better then at this poin tlast week, so I was able to extend the kicks and get more height, etc.

Diet: Diet is going well. I'm posting very early so I can't give a complete run down. I started with my usual protein shake and have had my protein bar for a snack. I need to think about the rest of my meals today. I'm a Catholic and this period of the year (the weeks leading up to Easter Sunday starting on Ash Wednesday) is called Lent. during Lent we are supposed to not eat meat on Fridays. So, I have to go hit the store to make sureI have some tuna and some seafood for dinner. bac before I understood how to eat healthy and before I was doing P90X, these days were easy. It was lots of cheese pizza or mac and cheese, with some frizen fishsticks or something. Yummy right? Well, considering I won't be eating ANY of those right now, I'll be rocking some tuna salad for lunch (probably) and will try and get some shrimp or something for dinner.

Favorite Move of The Day: Three Directional Kicks. This move is both fun and challenging. It combines the three different kicks (ball kick, side kick, and back kick) all in one move. But, to make it harder, once you are good at it you can try and move from one to another without letting your kicking foot hit the ground. I did this today. When I kicked with my right foot I was able to do all 8 reps without putting my foot down or falling down. however, when I did it with my left, I lost my balance a lot. So, I will need to kepp working on that!

No comments: