Thursday, February 19, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 5- Legs and Back

Daily Workout Summary: I haven't done the legs and back workout in quite sometime. I forgot how much this workout kicks your ass! It a;ternates between a leg move and a pull up for basically an hour straight. It is seriously intense. I tried to pace myself. I was surprised by how weak my legs have become in the last 1-2 months off. For example, from the very first second of the wall squats, my legs were shaking. That hasn't happend on that move to me since about week 2 or 3 from my first round of P90X.

As I said, I tried to pace myself. I was also in a bit of a rush tonight, and didn't take the time to properly warm up, choosing to skip right to the first move. BIG mistake. On one of the side-lunge moves, I pulled something in my glute (my butt!). not too bad, but I could feel it. After that, I stopped using weight for most of the moves (except the calf raises/burners). After the workout I soaked in my hot tub to keep it loose, and then aced it. I'm hopeful it won't bother me too much during Kenpo tomorrow and plan to warm up and not kill myself during my workout.

I did better on the Ab Ripper X tonight. I got through all the moves again, and only had to break once during the Mason Twists (at rep 20). It's slowly coming back....

Diet: Solid diet day for me. Breakfast wasa protein shake and a banana. Snack was a protein bar (Myoplex Lite). Lunch wasa garden salad with 4 strips of grilled chicken topped with fat free honey mustard. Afternoon snack was an EAS carc control shake. Dinner was turkey chili.

Move of the Day: Super Skaters. Idon't know why, but I love this ove. There's no weight, and it's really simple. All you do is basically pretend to speed skate and go deep into the skate motion to get a one leg squat. But I like the burn and when myknees feel good, I like to get really deep into the move. It's jsut a lot of fun and I really enjoyed "bringing it" during the move today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Annie said to tell you she likes the super skaters too!