Thursday, February 26, 2009

P90X Round2 Days 10 and 11: Shoulders and Arms and Yoga X

DailyWorkout Summary: Sorry for the combined posts for these two days. When I tried to post on Tuesday for Shoulders and Arms, the site failed as I pushed "post" and everything I had written vanished! It was late and I was too tired to write it all up, so I figured I'd combine it with my Yoga write up.

So, on day 10, I rocked the shoulders and arms workout. I love this workout. During the first time I did P90x, my shoulders and back were probably the two sets of muscles that went through the most dramamtic change. I've always had sort of broad shoulders for my size, so it's nice to finally get them looking decent.

On day 11, I did Yoga x. It's been a while since I've done the Yoga orkout. Ususally time constrainst force me into cardio (ok, who am I kidding- a lot of it is purely my choice!). But last evening I spent the tiemto go through the full Yoga X. I won't say it made me love it- but I at least will admit I need to do a better job of adding it in moreoften. tony Horton always talks about Yoga being the fountain of youth. Flexibility and core strenght are the key to good health, so Yoga is here to stay!

Diet: No major issues with the diet the last few days. I'm sill on the low carb portion (Phase 1) so I've been trying to limit my carb intake as much as possible. On tuesday, my breakfast was a protein shake followe by a piece of low fat string cheese for snack. Lunch was a two turkey burgers. Snack was a Carbcontrol protein shake. Dinner was a texmex salad with fat free ranch.

On Wednesday my breakfast was a protein shake. Snack was a protein bar. Lunch was a grilled chicken breast and some broccoli. Snack was another CarbControl shake. dinner was two turkey burers and a salad.

Favorite Move of the Day:
For Shoulders and Arms: Lying down tricep extensions. I love this move. It comes at the end of the round when you are flat busted in terms of your energy. But yet as you power the dumbbells up, you feel your triceps explode!

For Yoga X: Tree. I like this balance pose. It's tough but nto so tough you can't do it. I fall out some times (as does Tony), but it's calming and if you concentrate you can feel your core muscles working.

No comments: