Tuesday, February 17, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 3: Shoulders & arms

Daily Workout Summary: Today was shoulders and arms and Ab Ripper X. Overall I felt pretty good. I like this workout a lot. It really works you hard. I bonked a bit near the end. I worked out arund 6:30 but had eaten my last meal at 2. So my stomach was growling. I didn't want to eat before I worked out because I didn't want it sitting in my stomach. Also, I'm taking Nitrix and Cellmass, and both of those need to be taken on an empty stomach. So, I figured I'd workout, take them right after, then wait 30 minutes nd then eat. This lead to a serious crash during the "bonus" round and Ab Ripper X. but I "did my best and forgot the rest". I suffered through it. It hurt- but it's a good hurt I guess. I got thorugh theAb ripper tonight- though I really struggled with the Mason Twists. I had to take two breaks to get through all 40...and no bonus ones. But I'm making progress.

The funny thing is I'm not really sore from yesterday's plyo workout. but I'm REALLY sore from my chest and back workout from Sunday. however, the day after Iwasn't as sore as today. Wierd?

Diet: Diet went well today. It's nice getting back on a healthy track again after loading up on junk the past few months. Breakfast was a protein shake. Snack was a Myoplex Lite protein bar. Lunch was some sliced turkey breast, some carrots with lite ranch dressing, and an EAS proein shake. Snack was another Myoplex Lite bar. Dinner was some grilled chicken and some corn. Dessert was a banana.

Favorite Move of the Day: I had fun doing the crouching congdon curls. I haven't done this in a while, and I really pushed it. It felt like my biceps were going to explode by the end. I used the wall to go deeper into the curl. Overall I felt like I got a really nice burn.

No comments: