Monday, February 16, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 2: Plyometrics

Day Summary: Ovrall,today was hell. This is the toughest workout in the P90X program. Add he difficulty to my relative out-of-shapeness andthrow in some chronic knee issues, and you have a bad day all around! I gutted through it. Yet I could tell I lacked the explosiveness I used to have in my jumps, etc. This will come as I get back in shape. By week 3 I shouldbe rocking again. Also, I went out and got some new knee sleeves, so that should help too.

Diet: Pretty good day diet-wise. Breakfast was a protein shake (40 grams protein). Protein bar for snack (15 grams protein). Lunch was a grilled buffalo chicken salad with fat free ranch as well as an EAS Body for Life shake (17 grams protein in shake). Snack was some sliced turkey breast. Dinner was a grilled chicken salad with the lite Italian dressing (only 2 carbs in dressing). I had some blueberries and a banana for desert.

Move of the Day: Jump knee tuck. This is the hardest move in the plyo video. It's basically a knees-to-chest jump for 30 seconds. Tough! I hate Dom during this move when I'm out of shape. He jumps like a freakin' EnergizerBunny (non-stop and fast)! Ill be there again someday soon!

No comments: