Saturday, February 21, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 7: Kenpo X

Daily Workout Summary: Today was Kenpo x which was one of my favorite workouts from P90X last time through. I am still quite sore from the previous legs and back workout, so today was still a bit of a challenge. I also had a workout buddy with me today. My 4 year old son, Braden, did the Kenpo with me. Well- at least he tried. He was quite cute trying to do the various kicks and punches. And he really enjoyed the spirit yells with some of the moves!

Overall, taking into consideration my high level of soreness, I felt like I brought it pretty well. I am missing the hiegt and velocity in my kicks that I had in my first round of the "X". This will come back with time as I consition my body to the program again and gain back some of the strength and flexibility.

Diet: My diet was fairly good today. Breakfast was two multi-grain wheat waffles with sugar free syrup. Snack was a protein bar. Lunch was some of the lean pork loin I enjoyed alst night (it was just as good today). Snack was a protein shake. Dinner was some sliced ham and some corn with a small salad.

Favorite Move of The Day: Claw Hammer! I don't know why I like this move so much- but I do. I actually think it has to do with Tony chanting, "Claw, Hammer. Claw, Hammer" each time you do the move at the beginning. My son is still saying this hours later....

No comments: