Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2 Mile Run

Today was a scheduled 2 mile run or cross train. It was also a plyo day on P90X. In an effort to save my legs, I decided (this week anyway), to do one or the other.

I got home from work, looked outside and it looked ok. It looked cold- but ok. they were calling for a winter storm to hit us sometime this evening, that would bring us 3-6" of snow. I strapped on my cold gear and my iPod, and walked out the front door. As I stood there waiting for my garmin to locate satellites, the snow started to fall. So, I took off to try and get my run in before the streets and sidewalks got too slippery.

It was kind of fun/cool to run in the snow. As I ran, the snow kept gaining intensity. By the last half mile, snow was really getting in my eyes, nose, and mouth- so it was good I only had to do 2 miles. But it made for a really cool experience, and I must say I rather enjoyed it. I actually ran 2.24 miles to be exact! ; )

Tomorrow is a scheduled 3 mile run. Plus I have a strength workout for P90X. Hopefully, the streets and sidewalks will be clear enough to run safely. If not, it will be a very slow run for me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if I had to run in the snow it would be difficult because of the parka and 20 layers of clothing I'd have to wear!!!!