Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Shoulders & Arms and a 3 Mile Run

Today was shoulders and arms (plus ab ripper) for my P90X workout. I have always liked this workout. You get to pump up your guns a bit. It's just fun- plus no pull ups which is always a good thing! After a very long day filled with lots of travel all over Maryland, I got home and pudhed play on this workout. For as drained as I was from my day, and how sore I still am from the start of the week, I felt like I got a pretty good workout.

After putting the kids to bed and watching American Idol (don't judge me) with my wife, it was time for my run. Today the schedule said 3 miles. so, I layerd up, grabbed the iPod and hit the pavement. We had about 4 inches of snow overnight, and I discovered my newest running pet peeve this evening- peope who don't clear their damn sidewalks!

Seriously- what is the deal with this? night runs are dangerous enough without having to run over ice and snow that someone was too lazy to get off their ass and clear. Just wait until I slip and fall- I'm going to own that person's home!

I might as well get used to this kind of running. We are ALREADY under a winter storm watch for a doozy of a storm that is supposed to hit us in two days. Yes- they think this storm is going to be so bad, they put a watch out two days ahead of time. Right before Christmas, we got ht with a blizzard that dumped about 2 feet of snow on us. They are saying this storm is goingto be just as bad. Initial forecasts are calling for 14-22" or more with the heaviest concentrations being right where we live. FANTASTIC! So, I may have to juggle my training schedule around this weekend until the roads are clear, etc. At leastI can still do P90X!

No comments: