Monday, February 1, 2010

Chest and Back plus 3 Mile Run

Well, my insane training just kicked off today. I had taken a few days off to recharge my body after the initial shock of starting running and worn off. But today, my insane marriage of half marathon training plus P90X was consumated!

After work, I came home and decided to "push play". So I popped in tony Horton's chest and Back workout. Boy, it kicked my ass. It's been a while. I am weaker then I was before- dramatically. But I did my best and got through everything.

After that it was Ab ripper X time! God- what a bear. Kicked my ass and pounded me into submission. my old nemesis the Pfifer Scissors and the Mason Twists really did a number on me. I was reduced to a fat, sweaty tub of lard on a yoga mat by the end.

Pounded a recovery drink and then had some dinner. I watched House (excellent show FYI) and then decided it was time for my run. the schedule called for 3 miles. I was a little nervous because I haven't really run much past 2.5. but I did fine- slow but fine. I took it really easy. It was very dark tonight (lots of clouds) so visibility was an issue. Plus we still have snow and ice on the ground, so I wanted to make sure I didn't bust my ass! I set off with one of my iPods and hit the street. I got into one of those "trances" while running tonight. My mind got lost in the music and in my thoughts. next thing I knew- it was 3 miles! I think I could have run 5. I pounded another recovery drink and called it a nihgt. Not a bad first day! Plus- I ate clean today too, so it was a positive first step.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job mike. You are going to be sore today!