Monday, February 15, 2010

Chest & Back plus 3.5 Mile Run

Hello! thanks for stopping by. Today was the start of week 3 for my combined P90X plus half marathin training. So far, in the past two weeks, I've dropped 10 pounds, and I'm always hungry. I forgot how good it feels to be this active!

Today was a scheduled chest and back workout. I brought it pretty well- especially consideringi had already run and I got little sleep last night as my wife was not feeling well. I was especially pleased with my performance on ab ripper. I actually made it through all the reps on all the exercises for the first time this round. A small accomplishment- but a tough one (which you know all too well if you've ever done P90X).

Today's run schedule called for a 3.5 mile run. I went out over lunch to knock out my run because they were calling for more snow in the late afternoon and tonight. so, I wanted to get the miles in while I could. I ran a similiar route to what I did on Saturday's 4 mile run, just cut a few things short to keep it to 3.5 miles. I was pretty pleased with my time, as I was just about the same, maybe even a little faster then my 4 miles pace from Saturday. Regardless, I'm making slow but steady progress in a lot of areas.

Schedule tomorrow calls for a plyo day for the "X" and the run schedule is 2 mile run or cross train. Depending on the weather, I may do the plyo or I may do both. We'll have to see. On Wednesday I'll be at a salesmeeting/training all day. In fact, I'm staying at a hotel Tuesday night so I don't have to get up and drive Wednesday. So, I'm going to get up early at the hotel and try and get my 3.5 miles on Wednesday done on their hotel treadmill. It will be my first time on a treadmill, ?so I'll see what it's like. The good news is I'll be able to get my run in regardless of weather that day AND I can run in shorts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the treadmill will be the most boring thing you ever do ... i hate the treadmill, yet when summer rolls around I log tons of time on it ... my new gym sucks too so I might have to rethink some things come summer time.