Friday, February 19, 2010

Shoulders and Arms

Got in a shoulders and arms workout last night. i have a lot of stuff going on with work right now. Much of it is pretty stressful. So it's really dominating my thoughts at the current time. As such, my focus duing my workout was lacking. I did the best I could and tried to do as much as I can. I still felt like I got a good workout in, so I guess it was ok.

I also had a late soccer game last night (11pm). We had no subs and the other team had two full lineups. It was fun! We ended up winning 6-3. I was pretty damn busy in goal. Since we had no subs my guys got pretty tired. Ususally, I would have had some trouble in this kind of game- especially beforeI started working out again. I would have gotten tired pretty quickly and had trouble making saves at the end of the game. But since I've been running and working out (and dropping weight), I felt good all game long. And it showed. I was on fire. I was damn tough to beat. And the other team had two former pro indoor players on the field- including one who just quit and is young (25). If I hadn't been in the process of getting fit, I bet I wouldn't have had the game I did.

Speaking of weight, it is amazing how fast I'm dropping weight. When I started this P90X round with the half marathin traiing, I was the heaviest I've ever been. I weighed 218 lbs. This morning, I weighed 205.5 and I haven't even completed 3 whole weeks of training! When I finished P90X last time, I weighed 197.5 lbs. So, I'm not that far away from thatlaready after 3 weeks. I don't expect to keep up this pace in terms of weight loss, but it's exciting for me!

No comments: