Monday, March 16, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 1: Chest and Back

Daily Workout Summary:

Today I "rebooted" on P90X. So, I am back on Day 1 which is Chest and Back. Oh how I've missed it!

I am definately feeling the effects of the illness and the layoff. I am still a bit run down and had trouble breathing on some of the Ab Ripper, but I pushed through. I actually managed to do a lot of the same number of reps as when I left off of P90X 2 weeks ago, so I'm hopeful I didn't lose too much.

This time through I'm also adding quite a bit if supplements to my workout. I've started taking Nitrix, NOXplode, Volumizer, and CellMass. I've used other pre-workout stuff before, with mixed results. Today was my first day on NOXplode. and boy does it rock! At the 30 minute mark I could feel my blood pumping and my energy level jumped! It really helped compesate for the effects of the walking pneumonia I'm still recovering from.

Diet:

Not a good start to the diet today. I'm a medical sales rep and am often in cases in the operating room. today, I had a bunch of cases at two different hospitals. My early morning cases ran late which made me late for my afternoon cases. So what happened was I had a whole wheat english muffin for breakfast at 7am and didn't get a chance to eat again until after 4pm. On the day, I really didn't hit my caloric target and my carbs and proteins were all out of whack. It sucks because I can't exactly take food into the OR, so I had no way of eating. I'll try and get on track tomorrow.

Favorite Move of The Day:

Decline Push Ups

I actually HATE this move. It makes my arms and chest burn like hell. But I guess that's a good thing. I try and leave the tops of my feet on the chair instead of just the toes. They said that makes it harder. I'm usually burning badly by rep 6, so I have to try and breathe and just battle through these. For whatever reason, these have always been one of the worst push ups for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back dude -- good to have you back in the world of the "X"!

Unknown said...

Dont skip plyo today, ask yourself -- WWTHD?