Sunday, March 29, 2009

P90X Round 2 Days 12, 13, and 14- Legs and Back, Cardio, and Rest

Hello all. I've had a few crazy days and the ability to sit down and blog about my workouts was pretty limited. Now that all my commitments, etc are over for the last few days, I have a few minutes to get caught up. So, here's a quick update.

Friday was Legs and Back forme. I have always liked this workout. AsI mentioned many timesbefore, I was a soccer player and my legs have always been my strongestmuscle group. However, this week I decided to take it easy for the workout. I was committed to play in a soccer tournament on Saturday and didn't want to be too sore for the day long event. Got through the workout using body weight resistance only (no weights added). It was still a tough workout and was feeling it after! I also got through Ab Ripper with no fuss, taking less breaks and doing all reps. Progress is being made...

Saturday was supposed to be my Kenpo day. However, I never did it. That's because I spent all day playing in an indoor soccer tournament. I actually played on two different teams. One was in the Men's Open tournament (ages 18-whatever) and the other team was in the O-30 tournament. all teams are guaranteed 3 games and then more if you make the playoffs. both of my teams made the playoffs, so I was there for a while. We both ended up getting knocked out in the first round, but it still meant I played 8 games. By the end of the day I was wiped out. I figured I burned plenty of calories so I'm counting that as my workout!

Sunday was a much neeed rest day. Again, at some point I'm going to skip a rest day to have my weeks start on a Sunday, but not this week. I was so sore, bruised, and banged up, I needed today to recover. Spent thday up in Pennsylvania visiting my sister and her husband and then a quick stop over at my parents' house to let them give my kids their Easter baskets. So, I just got home a little bit ago and am finally able to post. I'm looing forward to feeling a little less sore tomorrow and "brining it" for chest and shoulders!!!

No comments: