Tuesday, March 24, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 9: Intervals

Daily Workout Summary:

After listening to Jeff rave about how great the Intervals workout from P90X+ is, I decided to go ahead and give myself a refresher as well. Boy was that a mistake. Intervals kicked my butt! In fact, it ate me up, spit me out, and stood over me laughing.

This workout is short by P90X standards. It clocks in around 35-40 minutes. But it is non-stop with only one water break halfway through. You do 12 moves at varying degrees of intensity levels, and then you repeat in reverse order. There is everything from plyo to Kenpo in this and it is clearly the hardest workout of either series. I had to ake several breaks. I think it was a little ambitious of me to try this workout in week2. I should have help it for my recovery week when I was a little more fit. But it was a great workout nontheless.

Diet:

Decent diet today- though a little heavier on carbs then I wanted. Started off with a protein shake. Snack was a protein bar. Lunch was a turkey and chedder on wheat from Quiznos I forgot to put my fod in the cooler on the way out today so I only had my waters!). Snack was a hndfull of pine nuts. Dinner was some baked chicken and peas.

Favorite Move of the Day:

Jacks

The Jacks move is a killer. You start with 20 seconds ofhalf jacks (you don't bring your arms all the way up). Then 20 seconds of full on jacks at a good pace. Then the final 20 seconds you do the infamous "X" jacks from the Kenpo workout. I's a killer!

Soundtrack of Today:

I Wanna rock- Twisted Sister

I was really hurting during the workout today. I was having trouble keeping up, taking extra breaks, etc. But then this song came on in the mix and I was re-energized. Just something about this song that gets me going and puts a smile on my face. Is it wrong to be such a fan of '80s hair bands????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interval is just an evil workout. The one P90X workout I have yet to defeat.

Twisted Sister ... man, I haven't heard them in years. Dee Snyder was the man in the early 80's!