Saturday, March 21, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 6: Kenpo X

Daily Workout Summary:

Today ends week 1 of the program (again). It is the Kenpo workout. I've said this time and time again, but I just love this workout. It kicks your butt if you push yourself but it's so fun you don't realize how hard you are working! At the end of this workout, I'm always a sweaty mess.

I used the NOXplode again as well as the Volumaize with this workout. I finished all 20 oz of the Volumaize by halfway through the workout! The few weeks off due to my walking oneumonia seemed to have killed my cardio fitness much worse then my strength gains. I was STRUGGLING by the mid-point of this workout. But I just kept trying to push through and keep moving.I got my second an third wins and made it all the way through.

Diet:

Overall the diet went well today. Breakfast was a protein shake. Snack was turkey jerky. Lunch was some italian turkey sausage and a small salad. snack was a protein bar. Dinner was a personal pizza (wheat crust) with fat free cheese and turkey pepperoni.

Favorite Move of the Day:

Jab Cross Switch

Unlike many people out there, I like the punching moves more then the kicking moves in Kenpo. I just find it easier to bring more force and push myself on the punching type of moves. So this move, which is a simple 2 arm combo, is fun. Then to mae it harder, he has you jump in the air and switch your feet after every combination you throw. It takes the intensity to another level. I love this move and the one after it because of the switch part. It really pushes you- which is the point!

No comments: