Monday, March 23, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 8: Chest and Back

Daily Workout Summary:

I ultimately decided not to workout yesterday and to stay on the monday workout schedule for now. I was really sore yesterday and decided to listen to my body and give it a day of rest. As I get back into the groove I may ultimately decide to switch back to a Sunday start for the week. But as of now, I'm still on the regular schedule. As such, today was chest and back day.

I don't know what it is, but I was PUMPED today during the workout. I think a large part of how I'm feeling right now has to do with the upping of my Nitrix from 3 to 4 pills at a time as well as the addition of the Volumaize during the workouts. Whatever it is, it's working. I absolutely CRUSHED my workout today. I felt strong and really brought it hard.

I consider a workout crushed when I blow away reps from the previous week. In week 1 I did a total of 158 oushups (all push up moves combined) and 71 pull ups. this week, I did 198 push ups and 82 pull ups. Unbelievable! In fact, in the second round of the decline pushups, I did more reps then I did the first round! Amazing! Like I said, I think those supplements plus theCellMass andtheNOXplode are really helping me bring it right now!

I did ok on ab Ripper X as well. I was able to do all reps on all moves and cut down on the breaks. I'm still not where I want to be with Ab Ripper yet, but I'm making progress!

BLOG SIDE NOTE:

I have entered into an agreement with a company that writes software for tracking workouts. This company is called WorkoutSoft and they have written some really cool programs to help track your progress using P90X and P90X+. I placed a link to their site on the side of my blog. feel free to give it a click and browse what they have to offer. Or click here: http://workoutsoft.com/index.html

I downloaded my copy and will be entering in my information. I have promised them I would write a review of the software after I finish using it this round. So far, at first glance, it looks pretty cool. It provides some pretty insightful information and graphs regarding your progress. It even has a place for you to insert pictures! So far it passes the "look" test. I plan on getting up to speed and letting you know if it's any good.

The other cool thing is that if you decide to buy the software, if you go to their site through my blog you will get a discount. I'll have more details on this as I'm not sure if this will happen until after my review. But regardless, it's pretty cool!

Diet:

Decent diet day. Protein bar for breakfast. Snack was some turkey jerky. Lunch was some grilled chicken and broccoli. Snack was apiece of string cheese. Dinner will be some chicken on a bed of greens.

Favorite Move of the Day:

Military Push Up

I hate this move and love it. The close-in position of the arms really engages your triceps as well as your chest and gets the body hurting! In a good way of course. With the addition of push up bars, this move really works you and allows you to get really deep into the move. I brought it today and was able to really crank out some reps on this one!

Workout Song:

As I stated previously, I've begun listening to my own music during workouts. Todays workout can be summed up by the song of the day: B.Y.O.B. by System of a Down. If you have ever heard this song, it's pretty hard rocking and gets you head-banging! This song came on about halfway through the workout and I was bouncing my head to the beat and going crazy during the faster sections. I jusy felt like this song summed up my day amdwhat I felt like during the workout! Lots of crazy energy today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome write up dude! It is good to hear that you are filling the effects of the BSN stack. The light switch has been clicked on!!

I am interested to hear how the software works out for you, keep on writing about it.

Also, i f'n hate the military pushups. I felt my shoulder damn near pop out today from them.