Monday, March 30, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 15: Chest and Back

Daily Workout Summary:

Today was the last time with Chest and back until week 9. For some reason, I have been CRUSHING this workout. Maybe it was the rest day yesterday. Or maybe it was the three scoops (as opposed to my normal 2) of NOXplode. Either way, I was rocking it again.

I added 20 more total pushups in the day to bring the grand total up to 218 (versus 158 from week 1!). But I just felt more pumped, stronger, and felt like I was recovering more quickly. I think all the supplements I'm taking are really helping and I know I'm starting to feel great again.

Did well on Ab Ripper X also. Very few breaks and again all reps on all moves. I'm thinking I may start to add in some abs Core Plus from P90X+ on some days to push the abs even more!

Diet:

Decent diet day. Breakfast was a banana and a wheat english muffin with peanut butter. Snack was a protein bar. Lunch was a small salad, some chicken salad, and a small bowl of fruit salad. Sanack was some turkey jerky. Dinner was some grilled chicken topped with a little crab meat and some fat-free cheese.

Favorite Move of the Day:

Standard Push-Ups.

Nothing exciting or sexy about this move. Just some good old-fashioned push ups. ButI felt like I had a ton of energy and rocked out a personal best without completely killing myself for the rest of the workout.

Soundtrack of the Day:

Slam- by Onyx.

This is a little old-school but it's got a great beat and gets your head bobbing while you rock out on the pull up bar or on the push-up handles! Just really got my grooving today!

5 comments:

Boomer said...

Reading your posts as well as Jeff's has inspired me to get NOXplode. I will start using it when I start round 2.

Sounds like your workouts are through the roof when using it.

Boomer
Project Exercise

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

I love workouts like that... when I feel like I've given my all, showed improvements and stay hungry for more. Way to throw down and work!!

Mike said...

Boomer, I've tried a lot of pre-workout stuff (SuperPump, nanoVapor, myoShock). But the NOXplode is the best by far. It is easy on the stomach- doesn't make you feel bloated and doesn't have any digestive effects (we used to call Superpump SuperDUMP). It tastes good. and it gets you amped for the workouts. I love it so far!

Mike said...

Thanks Christina! I'm not sure what's going on, but it's two weeks in a row where I was on fire for that workout.

Mark A. said...

Yeah, I've heard those Nitric Oxide products can be hard on your stomach so I'm glad you've commented on that aspect of the product.