Tuesday, March 17, 2009

P90x Round 2 Day 2: Plyometrics

Daily Workout Summary:

Today was the dreaded Plyometrics workout. This is always a butt-kicker. And while still recovering and with a 2 week lay off, it worked me over pretty good. As I sit here, a few hours later, I can feel myself getting sore already- never a good sign.

I worked out later n the day then I like. This actually forced me to eat dinner later, etc. I was just so busy with work that I did the best I could. I used the NOXplode again today- though I backed off on the number of scoops. Went with 2 today instead of 3. 3 caused me to have some issues falling asleep last night. But I still felt energized during the workout and was able to "bring it" as much as possible.

Diet:

Diet went pretty well today. Breakfast was a protein bar and an EAS Carb Control protein shake. Snack was a few pieces of turkey jerkey. Lunch was two veggie burgers topped with mustard. Snack was some pine nuts. Dinner was a turkey tenderlon and some corn and peas.

Favorite Move of the Day:

Lateral Leapfrog Squats

I love this move. It isn't all the challenging, but it's fun. To make it harder you really need to sit down deep into the squat while keeping your back straight. When i do this move it brings back my college lacrosse days when we used to have to practice moving our feet while playing defense and having to shuffle back and forth between cones. Fun times!

No comments: