Friday, March 20, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 5: Legs and Back

Daily Workout Summary:

Today was legs and back for me. I loved this workout during my first tour of duty on the X. However, when I recently started up again I pulled a muscle in my butt the first time out on this workout. so, after re-booting again aftermy recent illness, I was worried I may suffer another injury. Not to worry though- I made it through just fine.

I like working on my legs as these muscles have always been my best feature. So, when it comes to this workout, I have no trouble finding the motivation to "bring it". And I'm also really noticing a difference in my workouts now and I think a lot of it has to do with the supplements. The NOXplode is probably the best pre-workout drink I've used. Not only does it get me revved up, but it tastes great too. Also, the Volumaize during the workout I think is helping with myrecovery in between moves. But I think the biggest change is due to the Nitrix.

When I restarted last month, I was only taking CellMass and Nitrix. And I was only taking 3 Nitrix tablets at a time. The directions say if you weigh 200 lbs or more you need to take 4 each time. I'm right at 200, so I always took 3. but since the illness and my re-boot, I've been taking 4. And I think it's keeping me pretty pumped and helping with my performance.

Another thing I'm doing now is working out withthe videos in silence and cues mode. It only allows you to hear Tony talking as the build up to a move or when you change sides. I've been working out to my own music and it's been a very fun difference for me. I recommend it if you are starting to get bored with the videos.

Did fine with Ab Ripper X. I can still complete all reps on all moves. but I'm still having to take breaks that I didn't have to at the end of my first time through P90X. I can't wait to be that fit or better again!


Diet:

OK day for the diet program. Breakfast was two whole wheat waffles with sugar free syrup. Snack was a carb control protein shake. Lunch was some grilled chicken over greens. snack was a large strawberry banana Gladiator protein shake from smoothie King (Jeff's favorite). dinner wassome grilled chicken fajitas (minus the shells).

Favorite Move of the Day:

Switch Grip Pull Ups

This pull up is cool. It works you very hard and wears me out quickly. You do two standard pull ups. Then you switch to a reverse grip for two. Then you switch back, etc. It's good because it pretty much prevents you from cheating by getting help by rocking yourself up. Before you can really get your momentum going, you have to stop and switch. I think this is one of the top two most demanding oull ups in the entire P90X series.

No comments: