Wednesday, March 18, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 3: Shoulders and Arms

Daily Workout Summary:

Today was the shoulders and arms workout for me. I love this workout. I like trying to burn out my shoulders and biceps. I keep hoping one day they'll be nice and big!

I brought it pretty well today. I felt like I had a lot of energy (in part o the NOXplode and the Volumaize). I was busting through the moves and equaled and/or exceeded what I was doing before I got sick. I think I can see the benefits of the nitrix, CellMass, NOXplode, and Volumaize already. I was getting great "pumps" in my workout and felt like I was recovering very quickly. Overall I think it was a great workout and I love being back on the "X"!

Ab Ripper X was a different story. The good news is I did full reps on all the moves. the bad news is I had to hit pause a few times and let my screaming abs recover. It seems like of all the gains I "lost" while on my various breaks, the one I lost the most was with my abs. It will be a while until they feel tight and strong again. But I know it will come if I stick to the program!

Diet:

Solid diet day. Protein shake for breakfast (no milk). Turkey jerkey for snack. Lunch was some of the leftover turkey and corn/peas from dinner last night. Snack was a protein bar. Dinner was a grilled chicken salad with fat free ranch.

Favorite Move of the Day:

Deep Swimmers Presses

This move is a lot tougher then you realize when you see Tony do it. It is especially difficult if you don't bring the dumbbells all the way down and instead turn it into a sort of concentration move as well. But when you do this move you really feel the burn in your shoulders right away. And the twisting motion really helps bring that extra deep burn. I love this move!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The swimmer presses are great. They are soooo much harder now that we are using dumbbells. The first time through yesterday I did them with the 35lbs dBs but had to switch to 25's the second time because my arms were dead!