Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 89- Core Synergistics

Today was the last tango with Core Synergistics.

I just love this workout. If I had to pick one workout of all the discs that I have and could only do 1 forever, this one would be it! It hits your entire body and keeps you moving and sweating. It's a killer.

One of the toughest moves is the dreaded lunge/kickback/curl/press move. It's 20 reps of sheer hell. I can feel my shoulders burning at rep 10 and I'm only using 8 lb weights!

Another killer is the prison cell push ups. You start from a standing position, jump down into push up position, do a push up, bring your knee in fast, do another push up, bing the other knee in, do a push up, and then stand up and put your arms in the air. That's 1!!! It goes for like 90 seconds and you hae to do as many as you can. It really works you hard.

So, tomorrow is the last day. I will probably try and do the yoga. I will also try and get pics up tomorrow night or Saturday and do my final measurements, etc as well as give my review and overall impressions on the program. On 12/15 I will be joining Matt and Jeff for P90X+. In fact, the DVDs are in transit right now!

1 comment:

mrmick23 said...

Excited for you buddy! Only one day to go then a week of much deserved rest!! On Core Synergystics the prison cell push ups are brutal man, my heart rate has gotten higher after that excercise then any other in the entire program...I will be Glad to see you and Jeff graduate, but I also can't wait for the next 90 days!!