Monday, December 22, 2008

P90X+ Day 8: Upper Plus

Today was the Upper Plus workout again. I'm not sure why, but I felt really strong today. I think it's a combination of finally getting over the cold/sinus infection I've had for about a week and a half, combined with finally getting back into working out. Taking that week off was nice, but combined with the final week of P90X (which is a recovery week), I could definately feel it last week when I got started again. I felt weaker, with slightly less endurance. Not today!

Today I didn't use a chair for at least half the reps for every pull up move. I blasted through some of the other moves as well, really upping my reps. One move I felt really strong in today was the frog push ups. This is a move where you do a push up, then jump your feet up to the outsides of your hands and then back. Then you go faster! I really pumped through those. My arms were shaking at the end and I collapsed in exhaustion. Good times!

I also decided today to go back to the ab basics by doing Ab Ripper X instead. I just really don't feel like I get a good enough ab workout with Abs/Core Plus. It's a great overall total body workout, but it's just not ab-specific enough for me.

And I realized how much I missed Ab Ripper X when I tried doing it today. After essentially three wekks away from it, I struggled a bit. I still got through all the moves, but wasn't able to do some of the advanced options and could feel the burning in my midsection. It was glorious!

Loke I said, I was brinign it today. I burned a total of 779 calories in the workout. 587 during Upper Plus (vs 483 last week). Total calories were down slightly when Ab Ripper X is included (779 today vs 799 last week). However, the Abs/Core Plus is longer, and gets your heart rate up more as it is more of a total body/core workout.

Tomorrow is the intervals workout. I'm excited to do this again. I'm also off the rest of the week, so I'll be able to workout at my leisure......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It must be nice being able to breath again during your workouts! I thought I was out of the woods yesterday with my cold but when I woke up this morning I was congested as all hell. Probably because our weather goes from 75 degrees to 35 degrees every other day.