Wednesday, December 24, 2008

P90X+ Day 10: Total Body Plus

Today's workout was the Total Body Plus workout. As I stataed last week, this workout is really a rocker! You are moving, sweating, and pushing yourself pretty much non-stop.

Here's an idea of how intense this workout is- the warm up for it is over 9 minutes long and includes things like the dive bomber pushups (a legend from P90X), squats, lunges, etc. It is like a mini-workout before the workout!

I was out late last night, so my energy levels were low. Combine that with the fact that due to traffic (and my lack of foresight) I didn't eat a lot before the workout mid-day. I had basically a protein shake at 7am and didn't eat again until after my workout ended at 3:30. I bonked hard during this workout. I need to make sure I eat properly, and I think I'm going to add more carbs back in. I still managed to burn about 615 calories, so I brought it pretty well considering!

I will be leaving you now to go wrap presents, hang with the in-laws, eat some food, and do the Santa thing with the kids. It's going to be another long night.

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas!

No comments: