Tuesday, December 23, 2008

P90X+ Day 9: Intervals Plus

Today was an intervals day. This was my second time through this workout and I was really looking forward to it. I feel like it's a great overall cardio workout with lots of variety. It really is a butt kicker. I think it's harder then the plyometric workout but easier on the legs/knees.

I brought it today. I burned over 700 calories again in just the intervals section alone. I did the Abs/Core plus after and burned another 300 calories. Over 1,000 calories burned again!

One of the toughest moves for me is the 3 Point Push Ups. The first 20 seconds are no biggie. You hold yourself in plank. Then you stand up. Repeat. The second 20 seconds, you add a push up in plank. And the last 20 seconds, not only do you go as fast as you can, but when you stand up, you jump up. Plus there is no stepping back to plank. You jump into plank. It's a killer. My heart rate was way up during this one!

HEading home to PA today to see my parents and exchange gifts with them. Then the wife and I are heading out with a bunch of my old friends from high school. I'm going to try and take it easy with the booze!

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

mrmick23 said...

Sounds like you murdered the interval workout!! I didn't burn anywhere close to that many calories so you must really be working your tail off!! I hope that you have fun up in PA, my Dad's side of the family is from up there...Media,PA to be exact. Have a wonderful Christmas and remember to have a little egg nog and whiskey for me if you decide to drink(perhaps light egg nog)!!