Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 86- Core Synergistics






Today was Core Synergistics. As you can see in the pics above, it is quite the workout. I was a sweaty mess! The wife took a couple pics because she couldn't believe how sweaty I was.
This workout is a killer. I forgot how much fun it was! It is 48 minutes (after warm up) of sweating, moving, and kicking butt. There are some killer exercises in this. The prison cell push ups are tough. As are the reach up and under push ups. Then there is the boat to bow move- killer. My abs feel like they are going to pop off during the bow!
But by far, the hardest two moves are the plan to chaterranga run and then the plank to chaterranga iso. These are where I could really see how much my strength and endurance have improved. A moth ago I couldn't complete these. Today, I got through both with no problems! There were beads of sweat pouring off my face during the iso moves, but I held firm with nothing touching the ground on the chatteranga except my fingertips and my toes (and I think my nose touched a few times- but that doesn't count, right?).
Feeling great right now. I'm not sure how dramatic the changes will be from 60 to 90 days in my pics, but I can tell I feel evenb better then I did 30 days ago.
I have also purchased the P90X+ and plan to start that with Jeff and Matt sometime in December. I have an issue at the end of January where I'm going on vacation to Hawaii (I won a trip there from work). So that week, I hadn't planned on working out much. Hopefully, I will either skip that week and come back and pick up where I left off. Or I'll talk the wife into letting me do it while I'm there and pack the bands and the videos. I'll play it by ear.
Kenpo tomorrow! See you then!

1 comment:

mrmick23 said...

Glad to hear you've decided to up the anny and continue with Jeff and I. If your going to Hawaii then a week off is definantly a forgivable sin. Just pick back up when you get back. I am excited to see you joining us on this journey, it will make me more accountable. I also have 2 freinds who will start sometime in the near future(looks like January). I work with one of them on a daily basis so I will be helping him with any troubles he may have. I have already printed out some of my actual phase 1,2,3 meal plans(from thedailyplate) for him to take a look at. Looking forward to finishing off this adventure before we start the next chapter. Keep up the hard(note I deleted "good") work!!