Thursday, December 18, 2008

P90X+ Day 4: Total Body Plus

So today I tried out Total Body Plus for the first time. My overall impression of this workout is very positive!

This video has one goal: to rock you from head to toe. And it delivers! The variety of moves and the degree of difficulty really make this workout stand out from the rest. It is a great way to get your butt kicked!

One of the hardest moves for me was probably the balance curls. You use weights or bands and do curls. All the while, you need to raise one of your legs in the air and balance for 30 seconds. It is intense. Concentrating on your balance forces you to engage your core, and you are working your arms too.

Another tough move is the 3 & 3. This move lasts two minutes. You do 3 squats while holding weights. Then you put the weights down and do 3 pushups. Then you do 3 pull ups of your choice. Then repeat! Fun times.

I felt like Igot a great workout. I tried to bring it as hard as I could while still learning the moves. I managed to burn 663 calories. I feel pretty good about that.

Diet is going well. Breakfast was a whey protein shake. Snack was a protein bar. Lunch was some lean roast beef and a small salad with fat free ranch. Snack was a recovery drink. Dinner was some beef and broc.

Stay classy and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Go F yourself San Diego!

mrmick23 said...

Keep up the good work!!! I know how much you hate yoga but....I thought I'd let you know that I had a great yoga session yesterday and figured out that during crane you can use your core to help keep you up by trying to lift your feet up a little higher it engages your core nad take pressure away from your arms....before I had just been putting all of my weight on my arms...thought that may help you for that move if you haven't already realized it....I feel like it is kind of like the breathing secret for ab ripper....it makes a huge difference.

Mike said...

Thanks Matt. I'll try it next week. How's the + going for you so far?

Tai Chi Monkey Girl said...

You guys are hard core. I can already imagine the results you guys will get. I don't think I will try the Plus after Classic. Sounds tough.