Saturday, December 20, 2008

P90X+ Day 5: Upper Plus

Today was a repeat of the Upper Plus workout. I am still fighting a nasty cold or upper respiratory thing (have been for over a week). I tried to bring it as hard as I could. I ended up burning 799 calories between the Upper Plus and the Abs/Core Plus. Not too shabby.

I was a little more comfortable with everything this time around. I was more familiar with the moves and how to pace myself throughout. I feel a little better about this workout. Last time I didn't really feel like I got a great workout- today I did.

One thing I was really pleased about was my ability to really bring it in some of the moves. In particular, the "L" Chin ups. This move is one where you do a chin up, bring your knees up, extend your legs out (like an "L"), and then bring them back in and go down and repeat. I generally still use a chair for all or most of my chin ups and pull ups- though it's pretty far away from me and I barely have a toe on it (I think it's a mental thing). Anyway, tonight I was able to do 5 of those "L" chin uos with no chair and then still cranked out a few more after with the help of the chair. I was pretty happy. I felt pretty strong.

I also felt like this time through Abs Core Plus was my best so far. I really tried to concentrate of form and bust through the moves. The hanging moves are still the toughest ones, but I feel like I made good progress on all of them and felt a nice burn in my stomach today.

Diet went well today. I had a whey protein shake for breakfast and a small bowl of berries for snack. Lunch was some lean beef tips and green beans. Afternoon snack was a protein bar. Dinner was some turkey chili.

I'm excited to try the new Kenpo Plus workout tomrorow. See you after!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Kenpo X is my favorite! I'm anxious to hear how the plus version differs.

Unknown said...

Kenpo was aways my fav too! The plus is even better!