Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 12- Legs & Back

Wrapped up Day 12 today and I feel pretty good. I love leg workouts as my legs have always been strong from all my years playing soccer. I did better this time and was able to complete all reps for certain exercises. On others, like the different pull-ups, I did more reps then last week.

I was especially pleased with my performance on the one-legged wall squats. I was able to go the whole time. Last week that killed me.

I also blew out Ab Ripper X today. It was the first time I got through a majority of the exercises. I did 20 reps or more on every one. I really was stoked about the performance!

Diet is going well. Protein shake for breakfast. I had some turkey jerkey for snack. For luch I had a garden salad topped with grilled chicken and mozzerella cheese(low fat) and some low fat vinegrette. Afternoon snack was a protein bar. Dinner was some scallops wrapped in turkey bacon and a small veggie burger (spicy black bean).

I'm noticing some changes. I'm definately tighter everywhere and the love handles seem to have gotten a little smaller. My wife says my arms look bigger and there's more definition to my chest and back. We'll see. My weight has been all over the place. Last week I lost 5 pounds. This week, earlier in the week, I was back to the starting weight. Today I was 2 pounds lighter. But I FEEL lighter and stronger. I'm sure some of it is muscle development (muscles weighs more then fat). That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Kenpo day! Let's Bring It!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
I thought I would check in! I actually read your blog on a daily basis as well. To comment about the weight...mine has been up and down also. I'm not looking to lose much weight though, my goal is to get "ripped" and maintain the muscle I have. I do know that a common misconception is that muscle weighs 3x more than fat. This is not the case. When your body uses muscle as fuel it will get about 3X more energy than when using fat but, muscle does weigh more than fat however, not by much.
I am looking forward to getting in better shape with both you and Jeff! Bring it!

Mike said...

Matt:

Awesome. Thanks for checking in. I didn't realize that about muscle. Still it's very strange about the weight gain/loss see-saw I'm on. I'm trying to lose some weight along with this, so hopefully, the regimine of eating the right foods will help.

Good luck with your P90X. You should start a blog as well and Jeff and I could check in on your progress also. Jeff is an old friend of mine, but we now live in different states, so this is the only way we can work out "together".