Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 16- Plyometrics

The BEAST was unleashed today. Due to a fussy/sick child, I barely got two hours of sleep last night. Let me tell you what- two hours of sleep is NOT a recommended amount of rest to try and tackle the Plyometric workout.

I did the best I could, but I was sucking wind and out of breath after the first set. I struggled all day, but still managed to do 90% of the stuff without it being modified. I had to modify a few moves. I still really hate the Rock Star Kicks. But my coordination on the creek gap jump move is much better.

Overall, I sweated my ass off, burned some calories, and worked my core and legs off. Every step is a step towards a new me.

Diet is going ok today. I had a protein shake for breakfast. A protein bar for snack. Some left over beef tips and broccali stir fry over brown rice for lunch. I'll be having a cheese stick for snack. And a small grileld chicken topped romaine salad for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man I'm sorry to hear about the sick child. Hope that everything is back to normal before long. I most have been particularly hard to summon energy after a night like that. Anyways Stretch X went well yesterday. I have been worrying about results and doubting myself in the past couple of days. I think that it is natural, however i don't like it. I refuse to give in to these inklings of doubt, especially intensity wise. During the workouts this week I will leave it all out there on my garage floor.
Good Luck with your workout today
-Matt