Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 3- Shoulders & Arms

3 days down, 87 to go!

Today was the shoulders and arms workout followed by the wonderful Ab Ripper X. After accidentally using the black band the first day of the program (I thought it was the easiest- it was the hardest!), I tried the red band out today (the easiest) so I could concentrate on the forms and techniques. I didn't feel like I was "maxed out" on the bicep exercises, but it seemed about right for the shoulder and triceps stuff.

The toughest exercise was the two-angle shoulder flys. WOW! Are they tough! I'm sure I'll be feeling them tomorrow.

I'm still sore as hell in the legs from the plyometric workout yesterday. And I'm still shore in the chest and back from Monday. A lot of the stretching and stuff really felt good today in the warm up and cool down.

The ab ripper went a little better today. Better- but not great. I got through 25 reps on the first two exercises, but after that the most I could do was 10-15 on each out of the 25. The mason curls (I think that's what they are called) really kick my ass. I can barely keep my legs off the ground as I punch the floor from side to side. My abs were sore from the first time, so I can't imagine how bad they will hurt tomorrow!

The diet is going pretty well too. Protein shake for breakfast. Protein bar for snack. Chef salad for lunch. String cheese stick for snack. for dinner I'm probably going to make up some chicken salad.

This is crazy. I think if I make it through the week, it will be all downhill from there.

No comments: