Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 23- Core Synergistics

Today was pretty exciting. It marked the first "new" DVD of the program for me since week 1. The workout is called Core Synergistics. As this week is labeled the recovery week in the program guide, I figured that this would be somewhere between the intensity of Kenpo and Yoga. Boy was I wrong.

This workout is an ass-kicker. It combines elements of Yoga, Plyometrics, and other moves involving pushups and ab work. IT keeps you moving throughout. I worked up quite a sweat. Of the moves, some of the hardest were the running plan to vinyassa (I think that was what it was called). Also hard was the banana to boat. Both required a lot of coordination and pushed you in both a cardio and resistance way.

This was a fun but challenging workout. I hope we get to do it again soon as I will probably do better on it now that I'm confortable with some of the moves.

Diet is going ok. I had a protein shake for breakfast. Protein bar for snack. Lunch was some sliced turkey and low fat chedder cheese on half of a wheat roll. Afternoon snack was some turkey jerkey. Dinner will be a filet and a small side salad.

See you tomorrow for Kenpo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only 7 days until picture day!