Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 17- Shoulders & Arms

Day 17 was another round of shoulders and arms. I did ok, butI'm still lacking in the sleep department- 5 hours last night. I still feel pretty good. I attribute that to the healthy eating though.

Last week I decided to order an extra set of handles for the bands. This way I wouldn't have to pause the DVD to switch bands. They got here yesterday so I broke them out for todays workout. Pretty much the first round of everything I used the greens and the second round I used the reds. It was a lot smoother.

Generally my performance was good. I matched all reps and increased some. The one move that just KILLS me is the first move of the bonus round- the straight arm switch shoulder flys. Seriously- my shoulder feels like it's going to explode by the 4th or 5th one.

Did great again on the Ab Ripper X. Fifer scissors continue to be my Everest. I still can't do more then 20. And I can only do 20 of the Mason Twists with my feet in the air. But compared to my first try at Ab Ripper X, I've progressed miles. That first time I was broken. I remember laying on the mat in a pool of my own sweat just laughing at how unbelievably hard it was and thinking I'd never come CLOSE to being able to do it. And in week 3 I'm holding my own. Just shows that you get out what you put in. You gotta BRING IT, or you are just wasting your time and money.

Played two indoor soccer games tonight about two hours after my workout, so I burned a TON of calories tonight. I ate a little on the heavy side for dinner, but the soccer games are sure to have burned off that extra food.

Thanks for reading. You keep coming back- I'll keep pushing play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excited to see you making progress. i did my last chest and back untile phase 3 yesterday. My Push-up totals are as follows: week 1: 179 week 2: 190.5 week 3: 210.5 (.5 is due to dive bombers where i literally collapse trying to do the second half of it) This shows for pretty good progress for only 15 days. it was motivation enough to get my mind out of the figurative gutter! On to plyo today wish me luck.
-Matt