Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 4- Yoga X

Ok, so the dreaded Yoga day came. I made it through. I am the world's LEAST flexible person so I was dreading this day. It was basically 4 sections- 1) movement poses 2) balances poses 3) ab work 4) stretching. The movement stuff was REALLY hard and I worked up a good sweat. The balance stuff was tough too. I fell on my face trying to do the "crane"!

The ab work was rough as my abs are still tender from the ab ripper workouts. The stretching stuff was pretty nice though. I actually felt pretty good following the workout.

My biggest complaint about the Yoga X is that it is just too damn long. It's over 90 minutes which really requires a major time investment. The other bad thing is that I was completely unfamiliar with any of the Yoga stuff, so it took me a while to really understand some of the movements and poses.

Anyway, back and legs tomorrow and Kenpo on Friday! I'm doing well with the diet too. Did a cheese scrambler for breakfast. Some string cheese for a snack. Chicken salad for lunch and dinner with a bowl of mixed fruit.

Also, I weighed myself today and I was down to 208lbs. That's 5 pounds off the starting weight prior to Day 1! Not that I am expecting to keep that kind of pace up, but it was nice to see that the switch in diet and exercise was already paying off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going to have to go weight myself. I do not have a scale in the house.