Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 26- Core Synergistics

Today was supposed to be core synergistics. However, I never made it through the entire workout.

When I was first starting P90X, Jeff (danglethe carrot), told me about SuperPump. This is a pre-workout supplement to get you fired up and have energy throughout the workout. I used it at first. At first I was only using a little and I didn't notice anything good. Last week I used 3 scoops and had the best workout of the program. However, it kept me up all night. So I stopped taking it.

Today, I took 3 scoops again trying to really get fired up for my workout. I was full of energy when I started. But partway through the workout I got a searing pain that started at the base of my neck and rushed up my skull from back to front. It was kind of like a reverse brain-freeze. I immediately thought I was having an anyuerism. I was scared, so I stopped the workout.

Honestly, in retrospect, I'm sure it was a reaction to the superpump. But I didn't want to push it. So, I am going to try and double up my workout tomorrow, or possible do core synergistics tomorrow and treat today like my rest day. Also, I've decided to stop the superpump entirely. It just isn't worth the risk to me.

No comments: